Latest #handstitched Posts
- A little piece of autumn! 🍂🍁 a lot of embroidered brooches to be!
24 minutes ago
- This time of year can get so crazy and hectic! That’s why I’m doing something a little different with the shop this season and only offering stitching orders to be ordered through this Saturday! I’m trying to save my sanity AND enjoy the season! Thanks for the support and happy shopping!!! 🎃🦃🎄 #supportsmallbusiness #doll #littlestitchoflove
26 minutes ago
- Happy Wednesday! So amazed and grateful to be able to say that my hoops have made it into a magazine!! Thankyou @sewhq for featuring me in your November issue 😁 never thought my spare time hobby I started a year ago would grow into a small business! Thankyou for all the orders, likes, follow and support 🧡
Etsy link in bio ✨
56 minutes ago
- This Friday...new lookbook...new collection.
57 minutes ago
- DAY 100! 🎉 #100openings
Today marks the dovetailing and completion of TWO of my big projects: #the100dayproject (started just over 6 months ago) and my first queen-sized quilt, (which I began about 5 yrs ago). With the last hand-stitch, today I finished both. This block features fabric I designed and hand-printed, and follows the theme of my 100 day project: Opening, which (it turns out) I often symbolize with circles and spirals. 🌀
I’ve learned a few things during the course of these two projects (beyond honing some technical skills). Most of these learnings have been included in reflections with the posts I’ve made about my work here on IG.
Mostly, my growth has been around vulnerability and about embracing the intuitive openings in my creative ideas and output. My Inner Guide has been having meetings and dialogues with my Inner Critic. Often frustrating, always fruitful. I am hearing myself and healing myself more and more, and letting myself be seen and heard in new ways. As difficult experiences, feelings, and memories arise, this Guide seems to know the way, even when its guidance, at first, looks and feels odd or uncomfortable or even downright wrong. I’m learning to heed it. To Open myself up to vulnerability and let my truth out, whatever imperfections are stitched into it. Thank you for following along 💜
I have two new projects about to launch. One you’ll hear about in the next day or so. The other... still holding close to my heart. ...
#dailycreative #modernquilt #improvquilting #improvquilt #makersgonnamake #handstitched #handprintedtextiles #madeitmyself #finished #finallydone #circles #quiltblock #therapeutic #mytruth #vulnerability #lvmqg #mqg #opening
1 hour ago
- “Craftsmanship names an enduring, basic human impulse, the desire to do a job well for its own sake. Craftsmanship cuts a far wider swath than skilled manual labor; it serves the computer programmer, the doctor, and the artist...” - Richard Sennett
1 hour ago