Latest #eats Posts
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Going with some simple and light meals now before enjoying all the indulgences of next week 🤓. Noodle soup with red turnip quick-pickled in rice vinegar, pan-fried smoked tofu, takana (preserved mustard greens), seared harukei turnips, Japanese soba noodles, homemade fish broth, all topped with scallions, chili oil with fermented black beans and furikake.
32 seconds ago
- Milk Bar Los Angeles
- Finally tried the famous @milkbarstore’s cereal milk soft serve with buttery cornflakes crumbles. Defo a sweet treat that I didn’t love at the start (I’m not one of those who likes milk in my cereal), but it really grew on me. Such a genius idea to turn what most people (other than me lol) love most about breakfast into a dessert.
4 minutes ago
- Budapest, Hungary
- Langos - Street Food - Budapest, Hungary
Goulash is good but the langos is one of the greatest edible discoveries of Hungary! A crispy fried base with each bite being somewhere between a pizza, churros and the crunchiest doughnut you& #039 ;ve ever tasted. This particular one ordered with 75% tradition of sour cream, a plethora of garlic sauce, bacon and topped with a mountain of cheese.
LOCATION: Budapest, Podmaniczky Frigyes tér 4, 1054 Hungary
1 November, 2016
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- If you think the best thing about pot pies is the crust, then these @alphafoods Pot Pies are for you! The insides are good of course, but their crust simply amazes me! They have a Buffalo Chicken version that is pretty incredible as well. Have you tried them?
6 minutes ago
- 🍜: Tempura udon with octopus tempura
📍: Sanuki Mennosuke | Takamatsu, Japan
🗣️: I GET IT NOW. Remember how I said I didn& #039 ;t like udon? Well, I didn& #039 ;t... until I had this bowl of udon. Takamatsu is a port city on the island of Shikoku famous for their udon (called Sanuki udon) and not much else, which is why most tourists skip it. It took me 4 trains and 6 hours to get here, but it was worth it as soon as I had my first bite of this tempura udon. This was at a tiny, slightly grungy hole-in-the-wall that my guest house owner insisted was his favorite udon in the city. I never would& #039 ;ve gone there on my own, as the reviews were terrible and the place was mostly empty when I got there. There was just one grumpy Japanese man running the show. However, the udon made up for the lack of atmosphere: the hand-cut noodles were thick, chewy, and perfectly al dente, the broth was clean and savory, and the tempura was light and crispy. This was probably one of the best meals I& #039 ;ve had in Japan - right up there with Fūunji - and just goes to show that appearances can be deceiving.
8 minutes ago
- TBT to one of my most popular posts!COMMENT BELOW if you’ve tried this or would now!?⬇️⬇️
Cajun Pasta 💁🏾🍴:
➡️1. Sauté kielbasa sausage, then remove
➡️2. Sauté mushrooms and veggies (peppers and garlic); add @badiaspices cajun seasoning
➡️3. Add 1 can @huntstomatoes to veggies
➡️4. Add half heavy cream/half milk to pot and bring to boil (I used about 5 cups)
➡️5. Season mixture (I use #sazon and @Goyafoods Adobo)
➡️6. Add noodles. Cook until al dente (soft but not mushy) and liquid is absorbed
➡️7. Add cheese. I used mozzarella but parm is best
➡️8. Add sausage, stir, and serve!!
Comment if this was helpful and I& #039 ;ll make more! 💜
TAG A FRIEND 👫
9 minutes ago
- Travel therapy is a wonder for the body, mind and soul!
Scotland in Summer ... haggis, black puddin& #039 ; and even a pizza with haggis and black puddin& #039 ;. When a wanderluster travels she asks the locals where they eat ... a little hole in the wall with wee nugs! Need an translation? Nuggets! With minimal menu items and an encyclopedia of sauce options. Me wee nugs and I got along quite well until I realised despite the chilling temps it was still Summer and Croatia was calling my name.
Bucket List Ticks: Haggis; Black Pudding; Lock Ness; sunrise at Arthur& #039 ;s Seat; Glen Coe; Edinburgh Fringe Festival; a wee whisky tour; The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo; Black Mausoleum in complete darkness (The Mackenzie Poltergeist didn& #039 ;t say hello).
25 October, 2018
- Fontana Di Trevi-Roma
- Amongst the parade of selfie sticks, a proposal or two and too many loud obnoxious tourists I found this perfect moment ... a trio of the best tasting pizzas being devoured as slowly as my tastebuds would permit in front of the very surreal Trevi Fountain in Roma. I love how most of Rome& #039 ;s treasures remain open to publicly enjoy freely though the irony is the majority of people had their backs to this beauty grinning to a screen held by a extended stick. This was indeed a true traveller moment surrounded by a sea of tourists missing out on the magnificence of magical monument moment.
4 November, 2018