Latest #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival Posts
- #Throwback to the closure of Woodlands Reg Int and the last 900 bus out of WRI.... ☺☺ It's been a fulfilling 3 - 4 years of myself being a bus/train enthusiast but on that day last month on 11 March 2015, Friday is the day I'll never forget. With a huge turnout of bus/train enthusiasts spending the last few hours over at Woodlands Reg Int to take many photos and some videos to capture the memories of Woodlands Reg Int, we won't forget our best BC we know and he is none other than Mr Krishnan Raw or Pilot BC (middle).
Together as one community, we thank him for making this day an unforgettable day for us to remember especially the closure of Woodlands Regional Int as my childhood place with many memories left behind which I'll miss very much. 😀😀😃😃😢😢😭😭 To Mr Krishnan Raw or so-called Pilot BC, today is your special day as it is your birthday. So to Mr Krishnan Raw, here's wishing you a very happy birthday to you. May God bless you and continue to keep our passenger including my bus/trian enthusiast firends and myself smiling whenever we board your bus and keep on being a shining star for SMRT!! 😀😀🎉🎉🎂🎂 Featured behind is the last bus out of WRI: SMB8018H (WLDEP/WRDEP 901) on service 900 ~~ Photographed on 12 March 2016, Tuesday (early morning). #JourneywithusatWoodlandsTBI #SMB8018H #service900 #TeamService187 #SMRT #LTASG #SGBusGram #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival
22 April, 2016
- Here's presenting as one of the highlights for the LTA's Our Bus Journey Carnival, give it up for ..... The Thoughtfulness Family for SG's favorite mascots for being thoughtful in public transportation!! 😀😀👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉 That's right. The Thoughtfulness Family is here at the LTA Our Bus Journey Carnival in real life to brighten up your weekend and also get a chance to meet and greet plus photo-taking with these adorable mascots in real life. They will make an appearance on selected timings during the carnival itself. 😊😊 Featured here are the Thoughtfulness Family (5 adorable mascots) with me (holding my hand made service 187 desto) 😁😄: From left to right:
- #BagDownBenny will encourage commuters with your bags on to put your bags down on the floor to allow more space for train/bus commuters especially boarding train/bus commuters.
- #StandUpStacey will encourage commuters to give up their seats to the priority people such as the elderly, injuried and pregent ladies for them to seat.
- #GiveWayGlenda will encourage boarding train/bus commuters to make way for the alighting train/bus commuters to exit before you board/hop on.
- #MoveInMartin will encourages commuters to move in to the rear of the bus or the centre of the train carriage to allow more space for boarding commuters to board the train or bus.
- #HushHushHannah will encourage commuters to keep their music volume down on the phone to prevent disturbance from other commuters to enjoy a quieter ride.
PRESS RELEASE FROM ME ☺:
With effect come tomorrow (4 April 2016, Monday), Service 187 will be my new service rep which ferries me to my school and Woodlands and sharing with other enthusiasts who repped this service.
Also, I am launching Team Service 187 for my bus enthusiast friends who rep service is 187 with Jared Hong being the leader for this team. We will be in charge for service 187 and of course looking out for interesting bus cameos on this service too. Do help support #TeamService187 ☺😀😁 Photographed on 1 April 2016, Friday - April Fools Day 2016.
#LTASG #SGBusGram #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #ThoughtfulnessFamily #service187 #service187ambassador
3 April, 2016
- Here's your last chance to come on down and visit the LTA Our Bus Journey Carnival which is now roving at Toa Payoh HDB Hub this weekend from 1 - 3 April 2016.
One of the highlights here at the carnival is the Singapore Bus Enthusiast booth set up by the Singapore Bus Spotters Association (SBSA) which they will showcase many cool bus stuff such as bus service destos, bus parts, bus guides (past and present), small bus toy models (some on sale for $88), books showcasing buses in Singapore (past and present) and the Electronic Display System (using Gorba). That's not all, you can request for which service you wanted for (only SMRT), just ask any of the personnel in charge and they'll key in the code and viola, your service requested is on display! 😀😃👍🏻👍🏻 So what are you waiting for? Last call for this weekend for the final weekend for LTA Our Bus Journey Carnival @ the Singapore Bus Enthusiasts booth, located at the left side of the stage beside KnackStop shop. Do help support!! ☺☺😀😁 In charge personnel:
- Ms Liu Ying Jun (President of the SBSA) (@yingjun_1149)
- Tan Boon Kiat
- Maxson Goh (@pendulum_strider)
- Muhd Naz Farihin
- Matthew Tay
Recorded yesterday evening (1 April 2016, Friday) - April Fools Day 2016.
#LTASG #SGBusGram #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #SBSA #service190
2 April, 2016
- Easter long weekend special:
With the ongoing LTA Our Bus Journey carnival over at Vivo City Outdoor Plaza happening this weekend (25 - 27 April 2016), this weekend also marks the final weekend for the domination of Volvo B10M buses on Parks 408 as Parks 408 will be declared Wheelchair Accessible Bus (WAB) service with effect from tomorrow (28 March 2016, Monday). Since its introduction 11 years ago in 2005 together with Parks 409 (both launched in March and November 2005 respectively), both services ply between HarbourFront Int and parks nearby such as Mount Faber and Labrador Park/Nature Reserve dominated by Volvo B10Ms. With the withdrawal of Parks 409 three years ago in March 2013, Parks 408 is the sole and remaining Parks service left on service with amendments in March 2009 and 2014 and now becoming a WAB service from tomorrow onwards.
With that, we bid farewell to the Volvo B10Ms on Parks 408 towards the tail end of the era as the old buses are now in the midst of de-registeration till December next year.
Featured here is SBS2831G (ARBP 93) (top pic) and SBS2795C (ARBP 16/48*) (bottom pic) making a cameo appearance on Parks 408 on Good Friday 2016. 😊😁 Lastly, to all my Christians/Catholics Instagrammers, Facebookers, Snapchatters, bus enthusiast friends, Principal, Vice/Deputy Principals, teaching and non-teaching staff members, and my fellow schoolmates and friends of ITE College West (CCK), Central (AMK) and East (Simei), and Fuchun Secondary School, here's wishing you a very Happy and Holy Easter Sunday as we celebrate the rise of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!! 😊😀 Photographed on 25 April 2016, Friday - Good Friday 2016.
#SBS2831G #SBS2795C #service408 #Parks408 #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #LTASG #SGBusGram #ITEReadyForTheWorld #ITECollegeWest #ITECollegeEast #ITECollegeCentral #RepublicPoly #discoverRP #NgeeAnnPoly #NPmykindofxtra #SingaporePoly #whySP #SPOH16 #SPeye #NanyangPoly #myNYPadventure #TemasekPoly #bestdayevertp #TP #OpenHouse2016
27 March, 2016
- Today's catch of the day:
With the start of LTA Our Bus Journey Carnival at the second roadshow @ Vivo City Outdoor Plaza, here's come the Go-Ahead Singapore's London Routemaster registered as LTZ1665, making a rare cameo appearance at HarbourFront Int seen departing back to Loyang Depot after its run through the City today!! 😀😃 Plus, you can win for yourself an Ez-link card with $20 stored value. Just follow these steps from the link (https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=531039740411890&substory_index=0&id=490108531171678) and with the most number of likes on Facebook, you could be winning this Ez-link card as mentioned earlier. For more details, do check out their website or their Facebook page: Go-Ahead Singapore.
Photographed yesterday evening (25 April 2016, Friday - Good Friday 2016). #LTZ1665 #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #LTASG #SGBusGram #RidewithGoAheadSG #GoAheadGroup
25 March, 2016
- #Throwback to last month..... SMB3560R (WPDEP 966) laying over at the former Woodlands Reg Int on perm service carrying the Land Transport Authority's (LTA's) SG❤Bus winning colour: Lush Green!! 😀😀💚💚 The results for the Colour Your Buses had been released on 11 March 2016, Friday during the LTA's Our Bus Journey Carnival that was held at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza (1st venue) which Lush Green is the winning colour for the future buses under the Government Contracting Model ( #GCM ) under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme ( #BSEP ). If you miss the first carnival at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza and love buses? Don't worry, there will be 2 more venues where the carnival will take place:
- Vivo City Outdoor Plaza from 25 - 27 March 2016 and
- Toa Payoh HDB Hub from 1 - 3 April 2016
There will be many roving booths with lots of fun games and activities including bus simulator for being a bus captain for the day, meeting with celebrities including the lovely couple who are Ms Liu Ying Jun (@yingjun_1149) who is the President of the Singapore Bus Spotters Association and Mr Tan Boon Kiat, and the magnificent bus display (a 1960s bus and 2 future buses with the winning Lush Green colour livery). Do remember that the carnival continues on from tomorrow (25 April 2016/ Friday - Good Friday 2016) till this Sunday (27 March 2016) over at Vivo City Outdoor Plaza and I hope to see you all there if you missed the previous venue on 11 - 13 March 2016. 😊😁 Alexander Dennis Enviro500 MMC (Major Model Change) (BSEP)
Photographed on 17 February 2016, Wednesday.
#SMB3560R #service966 #SMRTSingapore #JourneyWithUsatWoodlandsTBI #ADLEnviro500MMC #LTASG #SGBusGram #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #LushGreen #RepublicPoly #DiscoverRP #LifeInRP
24 March, 2016
- #Throwback to early this month.... SMB3611C (KJDEP 188) acting as LTA's Bright Red bus makes a visit to Geylang as it cameos on service 985 seen departing CCKI for its another trip~~ 😁😁 As mentioned in LTA's Our Bus Journey carnival over at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza on 11 - 13 March 2016, Lush Green is the preferred choice for LTA's new buses for SG❤Bus livery which was voted against Bright Red (pictured) in January/February 2016.
As of now, this bus is no longer carrying this ad.
Alexander Dennis Enviro500 MMC (Major Model Change) (BSEP)
Photographed on 9 March 2016, Wednesday.
#SMB3611C #service985 #brightred #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #LTASG #SGBusGram #ITECollegeWest #ITEReadyForTheWorld
20 March, 2016
- Loot from the new Woodlands Temp Int which was relocated from its old site at Woodlands Reg Int as of 12 March 2016, Saturday - SMRT bus service guides and Certificate for boarding last bus out of WRI~~ 😊😁 A) Service guides (from top left to bottom right via bottom left row then top right row):
- Woodlands Temp Int directory and guide brochure
- 169 (WDL <-> AMK via Yishun)
- 178 (WDL <-> BNL via BPJ, Upper Bt Timah, Bt Batok and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim)
- 187 (WDL <-> BNL via BPJ, ITE College West (CCK), Bt Batok and Jurong East)
- 856 (WDL <-> Yishun)
- 858 (WDL <-> CGA via SBW, Yishun and Sengkang/Punggol)
- 925 (WDL <-> CCK via Kranji and SG Kadut) + 925C (WDL <-> Sungai Buloh Wetland Reserve via Kranji)
- 926 (WDL <-> SG Zoo/Night Safari/River Safari)
- 961 (WDL <-> Lorong 1 Geylang via BPJ, (Upper) Bt Timah, Bt Merah, Chinatown and Civic District)
- 961C (WDL <-> Lorong 1 Geylang via BPJ, (Upper) Bt Timah, Bt Merah, Chinatown, Civic District and Marina Centre)
- 963 (WDL <-> HBF via BPJ, Bt Batok East, Clementi and Alexandra)
- 964 (WDL <-> WDL East Industrial Estate via Admiralty MRT (NS10))
- 965 (WDL <-> Sengkang via Yishun)
- 966 (WDL <-> Marine Parade via BPJ, Toa Payoh and Eunos)
- 969 (WDL <-> TAM via Yishun (Chong Pang) and Sengkang/Punggol)
B) Middle in between the service guides: Certificate for boarding the last bus out of WRI - SMB8018H on 900 + TIB1104K on 900 ** Services 950, 960 and 962 guides are not available yet
Photographed on 13 March 2016, Sunday.
#SMRT #WRI #WoodlandsRegionalInterchange #journeywithusatWoodlandsTBI #service169 #service178 #service187 #service856 #service858 #service925 #service925C #service961 #service961C #service963 #service964 #service965 #service966 #service969 #ITECollegeWest #ITEReadyForTheWorld #RepublicPoly #RepublicPolytechnic #discoverRP #NgeeAnnPoly #NPmykindofxtra #LTASG #SGBusGram #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival
16 March, 2016
- Collected and here's presenting you..... ☺😀
LTA "Our Bus Journey" six limited edition mini figurines of SG's bus industry~~ 😍😍 From left to right:
- SMRT Bus Captain
- Tower Transit Bus Captain
- Bus Conductor of the past
- LTA Bus Planner
- Go-Ahead Bus Captain
- SBS Transit Bus Captain
Photographed yesterday evening (14 March 2016, Monday). #SGBusJourney #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #SGBusGram #LTASG
15 March, 2016
- To all my bus enthusiast friends and members of the public.... ☺😀
Are you ready for this big happening? I certainly hope so.
Starting today (11 March 2016, Friday), it is the start of Land Transport Authority's ( #LTA 's) Our Bus Journey Carnival which they will showcase about the bus industry from the past, present and future including many other activities with roving booths over at the bus carnival.
First up, throwing back to the past when you'll get to see a vintage bus that was used in the 1960s in SG. Then, moving back to the present, you'll be the bus captain of the day which you'll try on the bus simulator. And lastly looking to the future, see how the bus industry will look like in the future in SG.
There will be many activities line up for you especially releasing the results for the Colour Your Buses Voting for the winner of the colour bus (Bright Red or Lush Green). 😀
Do also have a chance to meet my bus enthusiast friend, Ms Liu Ying Jun who is also the President of Singapore Bus Spotters Association and Mr Tan Boon Kiat as the lovely couple from the Bus Spotting group this weekend (11 - 13 March 2016) @ Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza. They will be showcasing about the cool facts about buses and check out some of their exclusive bus collectibles.
So what are you waiting for? Do come down to the following venues for Our Bus Journey Carnival:
- Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza on 11 - 13 March 2016,
- Vivo City Outdoor Plaza on 25 - 27 March 2016 and
- Toa Payoh HDB Hub on 1 - 3 April 2016
With that, I hope to see you there for this big bus carnival!! 😊😁 Featured here is SMB3555G (WPDEP 960) on service 960 with the new advertisement promoting LTA's Our Bus Journey Carnival that is now ongoing. ☺☺ Alexander Dennis Enviro500 MMC (Major Model Change) (BSEP)
Photographed on 4 March 2016, Friday.
#SMB3555G #service960 #SGBusJourney #LandTransportAuthority #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #SGBusGram #LTASG
23 hours ago
- #Throwback to yesterday for today's catch of the day:
In conjunction with Land Teansport Authority's (LTA's) "Our Bus Journey" booth held at Toa Payoh Int yesterday for the six limited edition mini figurines of SG's bus personalities, a cameo appearance also happened to be there at the same venue too. ☺☺ SBS9889U (BRBP SP) makes a cameo appearance on service 139, visiting Bt Merah for the day, seen departing Toa Payoh for its last trip before going Off Service back to Braddell Bus Park (BRBP).😀 Volvo Super Olympian (VSO) (B10TL) (Demonstrator Unit) - PSV International/ComfortDelGro Engineering-bodied
Photographed yesterday evening (4 March 2016, Friday). #SBS9889U #service139 #SBSTransit #VolvoSuperOlympian #DemonstratorUnit #ToaPayoh #LTAOurBusJourneyCarnival #LTASG #SGBusGram #SGBusJourney
5 March, 2016